Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Holmer Green FC app


First Team - Match centre

Holmer Green FC
Bishops Cleeve
Sat 27 Oct 15:00 - League Full time Attendance 42

Home chastening from Title chasers


From almost 2 up, to 2 down in 4 minutes

A game of two halves is often quoted, but this this was a game of three thirds. Holmer succumbed six times in the final 30 minutes. As what was by far the most accomplished team seen at Watchet Lane this season ran riot, after The Greens had the temerity to lead at half-time despite being comfortably second best. Adawele Omatayo made his Holmer debut up front alongside Lewis Workman. Matt Wooster returned to the midfield, with the crowd hoping for more inventiveness in that area than of late from the home side. Bishops had been playing Step Four football until relatively recently, so were expected to prove tough opposition. Omatayo played in Workman after 16 minutes, but Workman’s close-range effort rebounded out off the ‘keeper’s feet. By this time Bishops had already found that long diagonal balls to their wingers should be a good source of threat to the Holmer goal. Holmer was hanging on, but were given a gift on 40 minutes. Omatayo’s cross was inexplicably handled in the penalty-area. Curtis Stone stepped up to give the Greens a totally unexpected lead. HT 1-0
After Michael Duffy had replaced the injured James Burrell on 52 minutes, the visitors continued to pass the ball around The Greens. On 63 minutes Omatayo almost got Tom Fifield in, but a last-ditch tackle produced only a corner. From Stone’s corner Ryan Parsons met the ball forcefully eight yards out. But his header rebounded off the thigh of a defender on the line. Between the 65th and 68th minutes Bishops turned the game on its head.
First a right wing cross was allowed to traverse the home defence, who were occupied by attackers present. But before it went beyond the far post, with two more defenders there, the incoming Staten was much more alert than the said duo and headed home.
Two minutes later, another cross was tamely headed out to Martin who placed his shot well to put the visitors ahead. Holmer had an immediate chance to level. Amatayo and Tom Peddle James set up Stone in front of goal, but he blazed over from 15 yards. Bishops went straight down the other end, and Watts was on hand to tap in their third just four minutes after the equaliser. A fourth looked inevitable when the visitors were awarded a penalty, but Aaron Brown made a brilliant save.
The reprieve was short lived as Slack scored on 79 minutes. The Greens held out until the very final stages of the game. But Mace scored a fine free-kick into the top right corner on 89 minutes. Then Hall added the sixth, at 2 minutes of added time.

Team: Brown, Zach Crawford, Burrell, Stone, Dean Munday, Parsons, Fifield, Gary Lines ©, Omatayo, Workman, Wooster.
Substitutes Used: Duffy, Peddle-James, & Adam Riley.
Substitutes Not Used: Jonathan Cox, & James Britnell.

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

Team sponsors


Club sponsors