Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Holmer Green FC app


First Team - Match centre

Holmer Green FC
Royal Wootton Bassett Town
Sat 24 Nov 15:00 - League Full time Attendance 56

Munday moves up to top-equal scorer


Stoppage-time leveller the least Holmer deserved

Holmer had to battle right to end to get the point that they deserved. Although had they taken the first-half chances created,
they would have ended up with all three. Zach Crawford, Lewis Workman, and Dan Hunt returned to the starting line-up. But Matt Wooster was missing, as was Curtis Stone serving a one-match suspension. Within two minutes The Greens were in front. A clearance from Aaron Brown was flicked on by James Britnell. Workman was onto it at once and lobbed the goalkeeper from well outside the penalty-area. Town arrived at Watchet Lane in fourth place, having scored 19 away goals rather than Holmer’s 2. Their front pair looked a handful, and the dug-out side’s Assistant’s hesitant flagging gave home team cause for concern. Britnell seemed to have doubled the lead on 12 minutes, but the effort was ruled out for off-side.
Workman latched onto a through ball on 21 minutes and rounded the ‘keeper. He regained possession off a covering defender, but his lob on the turn drifted just wide. Three minutes Workman sent in a fizzing cross’ right onto Britnell’s head in front of goal. But the centre-forward headed over from close range. On 26 minutes another chance came and went. Joffy Cox rounded the exposed ‘keeper on the right, and crossed perfectly for the unmarked Workman in the edge of the six-yard box. But he got the timing all wrong, and headed wide. Encouraged by these let-offs, Wootton Bassett came more into the game. On 39 minutes with some Holmer defenders calling for a flag from the aforementioned Assistant, Stanley ran through and lobbed Brown perfectly. Holmer could have no further complaint 3 minutes later, when Paglairoli scored a well-taken goal with defenders standing off. What should have been a comfortable half-time lead had been turned into a deficit within 3 minutes, a scenario all too familiar this season for The Greens. HT 1-2
One recurring theme that has not changed, with the switch to another league, is the lack of street-wise play by Holmer. The home side struggled to get back in this game whilst their opponents cleverly and effectively ran down the clock, with time-consuming antics and feigned injuries. The late introductions of Luca Perrin and then Pawel Kotwica proved to be appropriate. In the last ten minutes The Greens at last looked as if they would get something out of the game. From a Gary Lines’ free-kick, Dan Hunt headed into the danger area and Britnell flicked the ball just wide. A Kotwica run resulted in a pull-back for Workman, which was blocked close-in. The as the game moved into added time a Lines’ throw caused another scramble in front of the Town goal. But half-way through the derisory four minutes of stoppage time, a long diagonal from Perrin found Munday still up front from incessant pressure. He ran in between static defence and advancing ‘keeper to glance the ball home. Making him Holmer’s equal top scorer with five, alongside the still-injured Jamie West.
There was still time for one last Homer chance. Workman carved out an opening, but his finish just failed to match the good touches
which preceded it.

Team: Brown, Zach Crawford, James Burrell, Mason Scott, Munday, Ryan Parsons, Cox, Lines ©, Britnell, Hunt, Workman.
Substitutes, all used: Perrin, Kotwica, & Elliot Britton.

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

Team sponsors


Club sponsors